P& Co interview session

Trying to recall myself the interview session i had when i was in the UK, the last and final interview i could ever had with a UK based company.

P&Co is a accountancy firm who service the oriental market in the UK, the company was looking for someone who is proficiency in Mandarin and Cantonese as well as English speaking candidate to join the company. I was pretty lucky i guess, i manage to pass thru the 2 sessions of interview. However, i hasn't been successful in meeting the test requirement set by the company.

I was given some tests during the second interview session. There were logical thinking test, mathematical test and some english vocab test. To me, they were all IQ tests, among all the Qs i don't see the logical part of it, coz any1 of the answer could be the answer.

Example:

AG?S

what could the ? be?

what would have in mind for this Qs? I don't know the answer, but from my point of view, my guess, the asnwer should be M! who knows, there are some other geometrical diagram Qs too. I was ended with anger of doing it, so i left empty of 7-8 Qs. From the moment i walked out from the office, i knew, i won't get this job. Anyway, i was prepared for it! So no fuss.

It was an incredible experience where i have to answer these IQ tests to get a job! althought i've been given a very positive feedback from the face-to-face interview session.


Jiannan Li to me show details 6 May


Reply

Follow up message

Dear Ms Choi,

Thank you very much for attending the interview yesterday and it was a pleasure meeting you.

As promised, I have marked your tests and spoken to the partners of the firm. Unfortunately, on this occasion your application has not been successful. My colleagues have commented that you strength are good communication skills, language skills, maturity, flexibility and positive attitude etc. You have also had some work experience though not so much accounting and finance related. However, your tests scores did not meet our requirement.

I have attached a copy of the formal letter which has been posted out by 1st Class today. Please let me know if you require further information.

I wish you all the best in your job search and future career.

Kind regards,

Jiannan Li

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

job searching in New Zealand -